Conducting your Tenancy
We welcome you as a resident of Black Country Housing Group (BCHG) and we hope that you enjoy your new home. The Tenancy Agreement that you have signed is a legally binding contract which imposes obligations on both us, your landlord, and you, the resident.
This information below supplements your agreement and expands on some of the main points.
- You must make sure that your rent is paid on time.
- You must ensure that your housing benefit forms are fully completed and forwarded to the Council.
- You must make sure that any changes in circumstances are reported to the Council and to your Housing Officer immediately.
- If you fall behind with your rent payments, you must contact your Housing Officer to arrange a repayment agreement.
- Legal action will be taken against you if you fail to pay your rent which may lead to a court order being obtained against you or possession being sought.
IF YOU’RE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY IN PAYING YOUR RENT AT ANY TIME DURING YOUR TENANCY PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOUSING OFFICER IMMEDIATELY.
- You must report repairs by either phoning 0300 555 0302 or using our website at www.bchg.co.uk or directly with Wrekin Housing Trust through their repair portal http://www.wrekinhousingtrust.org.uk/residents/reportrepaironline.aspx
- You must give us access to carry out an annual service to any gas appliance that you have in your home.
- You must allow reasonable access to us to carry out repairs and improvements in your home.
- Before carrying out any improvements in your home yourself e.g. installation of a shower, driveway, garage, loft conversion you must obtain permission from us.
- You must not wilfully cause any damage to the property. If you do we will charge you the cost of putting it right.
Anti Social Behaviour
- You must not commit or allow others to commit any form of harassment.
- You must not cause any unreasonable noise.
- If you experience harassment around your home please contact your Housing Officer immediately.
- You must not commit or allow anyone else to commit any unlawful activity from your home.
- We ask that you act in a considerate manner to those who live around you.
BCHG WILL NOT TOLERATE ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OR HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND. THIS INCLUDES AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS OUR STAFF WHETHER ON THE PHONE OR FACE TO FACE.