Am I eligible?
You will be classed as eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a first time buyer (or in a situation where you are no longer able to purchase on the open market, e.g. if you are coming out of a relationship breakdown)
- Your income is less than £80,000 per year
- You are over 18 years of age and a British or EU/EEA citizen
- You are a Housing Association or Council tenant
- Are able to obtain a mortgage to purchase the share of the property you want (you must also ensure you have enough savings to cover the cost of buying a home, i.e. legal fees)
You will be required to complete an initial application through Help to Buy, the Homebuy agent for the West Midlands. They can also be contacted via telephone 03458 502 050 Option 2, or email: email@example.com. They will establish whether you are eligible for shared ownership, initially, and will send your application to us once eligibility is confirmed. Please note, further checks may be required and we will need to see a mortgage in principal before we progress with an application.