Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff.
Gower Gardens is our brand new, 66-bed, state-of-the art care home located on Kent Road in Halesowen, which will open in September 2016. We are looking for compassionate, dedicated and caring people for our team at Gower Gardens.
We are currently recruiting for part-time qualified Care Assistants for Gower Gardens. The main purpose of the role is to work as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met in a safe environment.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc.) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- Complying with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs.
- Encouraging, assisting and supporting residents in participating in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning and laundry duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance to eat and drink.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, ensuring good communication and helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring that the Care Home is a safe, friendly and supportive working environment.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the special needs of older people in relation to their domiciliary care requirements and experience of working in a caring environment. There is also the need for the ability to deal with situations surrounding high needs care. The post holder will have an NVQ Level 2 or higher in Adult Health and Social Care.
There is also a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be physically able to push wheelchairs and lift clients with hoist mechanisms.
- Based in Gower Gardens Care Home, Halesowen
- 26.25 hours per week
- £7.85 per hour
- Must hold NVQ Level 2 or higher in Adult Health and Social Care
- Working pattern will based on, but not limited to, a 3 days on/3 days off rota with 7.5 hour shift patterns
- Multiple positions available
- There is a need for flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and evenings when required
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- The chance to join a new team and state-of-the-art care home
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company and Gower Gardens
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete an application form below. You can also download the job description to support you with your application.
Please note that our downloads work best on a computer with Microsoft Word.